ShowChoir Limited is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of it’s members. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data that is collected by or provided to ShowChoir Limited will be processed. By using the ShowChoir Limited website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Data Protection Laws Are Changing
In accordance with the new GDPR Law which came into effect on May 25th 2018, we would like to communicate with ShowChoir Limited members in a way which has their consent. As a result, you will need to actively ‘Opt-In’ to allow ShowChoir Limited to contact you. As part of your ‘Register For A Taster Session’ you will be asked to allow us to contact you.
Information that you give to ShowChoir Limited:
This is the information that ShowChoir Limited when you register for a Taster Session or when you correspond via email, text or other means. This is likely top be your name, email address and telephone number. If you would like us to be able to wish you a “Happy Birthday” on your special day, you can provide us with your date of birth, but this is optional.We will never ask for your address or any other information.
How ShowChoir Limited uses your information:
- To administer your ShowChoir Limited membership account
- To correspond with you about rehearsals, events and updates
If you choose to end you membership with ShowChoir Limited, we will request that you allow us to contact you in the future with updates, event details or to remind you of our services. This is optional and you would be required to ‘Opt-In’ in accordance with the new GDPR Law.
Will ShowChoir Limited share your information:
ShowChoir Limited will not share your information with any third party except in the following circumstances:
- ShowChoir Limited have your explicit consent to pass on data to a third party
- ShowChoir Limited are required by law to share your data
ShowChoir Limited do not hold or keep any financial information about ShowChoir Limited members either on our website or computers. Financial transactions for membership, events or merchandise payments are made via our third party provider, GoCardless.
You have rights over your data which include the following:
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
- You have the right to ask for corrections or deletion of information (you can administer and edit your own data as part of your members area profile).
- You have the right to access your information.
- You have a right to ask us for a written copy of all information held about you.
- You have the right to register a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel we have infringed your rights.
You can invoke your rights at any time by contacting our Data Protection Administrator, Joe Martin at 13 Marton Road, Ashton On Ribble, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 1NN email firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this Policy
ShowChoir Limited encourages you to periodically review this Policy to be informed of how ShowChoir Limited is protecting your information.