ShowChoir Limited Membership Terms & Conditions:
Terms and Conditions
This is an Agreement between You, the Member, and ShowChoir Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 11337647), whose registered office is at 13 Marton Road, Ashton On Ribble, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 1NN.
By following the joining process at our Website to become a Member of ShowChoir Ltd you are accepting the terms and conditions in this Membership Agreement. You should only join if you are willing to accept them.
- ShowChoir Limited is an adult choir, although 11-18 year olds are permitted to attend rehearsals if accompanied by a responsible adult (who is a fully paid member)
- All vocal arrangements, harmonies, concepts and resources used as part of ShowChoir Limited are owned by ShowChoir Limited. Any person taking part in any rehearsal, performance, workshop or other activity run by ShowChoir Limited agrees that the use of ideas, techniques, resources or teachings will not be used, amended, copied or replicated in any way at any other event, nor will they be supplied or replicated to any other group or used in any other venue or arena.
- Access to rehearsal material (sheet music and rehearsal tracks) created by ShowChoir Limited is for the benefit of each member to facilitate the learning of parts. These music files, when made available, are for personal use only and must not be shared, broadcast, circulated by mobile technology or otherwise, or posted onto any internet site. Legal action will be taken against any individual in breach of these terms.
- Any person deemed to be joining ShowChoir Limited to access the intellectual property or brand owned by ShowChoir Limited will be refused admission and have a membership withdrawn without refund.
- New members who have joined ShowChoir Limited without attending a rehearsal will not automatically gain access to the members area. Proof of active membership and participations required.
- ShowChoir Limited runs rehearsals 50 weeks of the year, only breaking for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year. Where your regular ShowChoir Limited Choir Leader cannot make the rehearsal, a suitably qualified and experienced ‘Dep’ will be sent in his/her place.
- Membership fees should be paid by Direct Debit on the first working day of the month.
- ShowChoir Limited requires 1 calendar month notice in order to cancel your membership. In the event of a cancellation, your membership fee will not be refunded.
- ShowChoir Pay As You G0 (PAYG) system is for members who cannot attend weekly rehearsals. Access to the membership area will no be granted and this option is not to be used as a “holiday” system. All regular members must be signed up to the Direct Debit System.
- Membership Fees cover the months rehearsals. All resources, downloads, performance opportunities and other additional facilities are offered at the discretion of ShowChoir Limited. Members who do not have access to the internet or a computer will not be able to make use of all the resources provided.
- Membership costs will be reviewed annually and members will be advised in advance of any changes to be made.
- Refunds are made solely at the discretion of ShowChoir Limited, but will not be offered for missed rehearsals or members holidays taken.
- ShowChoir Limited may take film footage and photographs of members during rehearsals and events for use in promotion, advertising and publicity. Photos posted to our FaceBook groups, public FaceBook page and other social media including Twitter, Instagram and YouTube may also be used for promotional, marketing and advertising purposes.
- ShowChoir Limited members will be advised about the ‘uniform’ requirements for events and performances. This will involve purchasing of uniform from the shop which is hosted in the members area of the website.
- ShowChoir Limited members are responsible for their own travel to and from rehearsals and performances, and are responsible for their own property and well-being whilst attending rehearsals, performances and events.
- ShowChoir Limited is not responsible for damage to personal belongings or to persons before, during or after rehearsals, performances and events.
- ShowChoir Limited holds full Public Liability Insurance.
Code Of Conduct
Attending ShowChoir Limited rehearsals, performances and events should be a fun and rewarding experience for everyone who takes part. Members are expected to be courteous and co-operative in their behaviour towards ShowChoir Limited Staff and fellow members and to maintain an environment without discrimination and of equal opportunity. Members should respond to the leadership and direction of the Choir Director and other staff members.
Competitions and Events
ShowChoir Limited may enter into various competitions, events and festivals. Participation by members is optional and, on occasion, may be by invitation only. Members who agree to take part agree to make all reasonable efforts to make themselves available for extra rehearsals as necessary and to represent ShowChoir Limited to the best of their ability at all times in accordance with our standards.
Personal and private information collected from members and held at ShowChoir Limited Head Office will not be passed on to any third party, except with the express agreement of each member.
ShowChoir Limited reserves the right to cancel membership of any person deemed to be in breach of any or all of the above Terms and Conditions.
ShowChoir Limited reserves the right to amend or alter these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.